Come visit me at www.EmmaHusher.com

Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Betty Review - Ginger-Read Reviews


I am one of those readers that likes to, on occasion, pick up a book that has subject matter very far removed from my every day life.  Regardless of the realism or validity of those subjects.  A Betty's Pledge deals with a sex club.  While I know these exist, I really have no clue as to how any of them work and would have no way of understanding how one as exclusive as The Grants really functions.

So, I won't judge this title on any of that.  I'll judge how I do any book.  Did it entertain me?  Was I able to submerse my mind in its world, forgetting my own?  Could I relate in some way to the characters?  It being an erotic title, I also have to ask myself if the story went deeper than just sex.

The answer to all of the above is an easy yes.

 Mady is looking for some greater meaning in her sex life but really craves to find an emotional connection with someone. Someday.  She knows the program at The Grants is supposed to help her learn herself and therefore help her find what and who she wants from her life.  But, be real. It's a sex club.  She sees the distinction.  She isn't here for love.
Isaac has been a part of The Grants for too long.  It's lost the glitz and luster. It's made him jaded. And he is quickly losing hope that it is anything other than an easy source for lust and sex.  He wants an emotional connection with someone but how do you find that in a sex club.  Others have, the entire goal is to find your true mate through the process.  He just no longer believes in it.

Until Mady comes along.  Problem is she isn't here for an emotional connection and the process becomes more than either of them can handle without it becoming something more. Something convoluted.  Something dangerous. Something heartbreaking.

For the complete review and more like it, visit Ginger-Read Reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment